Becoming An Industry Research Scientist (Industry Careers For PhDs Podcast)
Do you know what it really takes to get a Research Scientist position in industry?
Do you know if this position is good fit for you?
Do you know how to network effectively to get referrals for Research Scientist positions, how to interview, how to negotiate a Research Scientist salary contract, and what will be expected of you when you start?
In this episode of the Industry Careers for PhDs podcast, we interview Vadim Khaychuk, Ph.D., an industry Research Scientist with experience at leading biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies such as Sanofi Pasteur.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- Exactly how to network to get referrals for Research Scientist positions
- What to do once you get a Research Scientist job referral, including how to follow up and how to interview
- A complete overview of the timeline from submitting your resume and networking to getting a job offer for Research Scientist positions
- How to leverage your academic technical skills and your transferable skills to secure a Research Scientist position in industry
- What will be expected of you within the first 6 months of starting an industry Research Scientist position
Once you listen to the podcast, be sure to ask any questions you have in a comment on our YouTube page here.
To get advanced access to the full length versions of these podcasts, as well as access to our live training webinars, exclusive training videos, case studies, industry insider documents, transition plan, and private online network, get on the wait list for the Cheeky Scientist Association now.
Isaiah believes--from personal experience--that if you feel stuck somewhere in your life, it’s a clear sign that you need to make a change. Don’t sit still and wait for the world to tell you what to do. Start a new project. Build your own business. Take action. Experimentation is the best teacher.
Isaiah is an internationally recognized Fortune 500 consultant, CEO of Cheeky Scientist, and author of the straight-talk bestsellers Black Hole Focus and The Science of Intelligent Achievement.
Latest posts by Isaiah Hankel (see all)
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (April 4th, 2020) - April 4, 2020
- Secure PhD Jobs With The 15-Point Coronavirus Career Plan - March 31, 2020
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (March 28th, 2020) - March 28, 2020