Do you want to learn more about the most in-demand career of the 21st century?
Do you know how your PhD makes you the perfect candidate for a data scientist role?
In this episode of the Industry Careers for PhDs podcast, we interview Dr. Damon Civin, who transitioned from his PhD into a Data Scientist role in a leading software design company.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- Why he chose to transition out of academia and into Data Science
- What is Data Science day-to-day activities, challenges, academic background
- What is the application process like for Data Scientist roles
- How can PhDs start to prepare themselves for this transition NOW
- What does career progression look like in Data Science
To get advanced access to the full length versions of these podcasts, as well as access to our live training webinars, exclusive training videos, case studies, industry insider documents, transition plan, and private online network, get on the waitlist for the Cheeky Scientist Association now.
Isaiah believes that if you feel stuck somewhere in your life right now, you should make a change. Don’t sit still and wait for the world to tell you what to do. Start a new project. Build your own business. Take action. Experimentation is the best teacher.
Latest posts by Isaiah Hankel Ph.D. (see all)
- Careers As A Patent Agent (Cheeky Scientist Radio) - July 19, 2018
- Which Future Do You Want? Scarcity In Academia Or Abundance In Industry? - July 19, 2018
- Industry Transition Spotlight: Greg Zornetzer, PhD - July 12, 2018