Careers In Environmental Science (Industry Careers For PhDs Podcast)
Are you a non-STEM PhD and curious about careers outside of academia?
Have you thought about working as a consultant but are unsure what it’s all about?
In this episode of the Industry Careers for PhDs podcast, we interview Dr. Edvard Glücksman, a chartered scientist and consultant at Wardell Armstrong where he specializes in environmental and social impact assessment. He also works with the integration of ecosystem services within impact assessments and applied policy around biodiversity. Edvard teaches us about the world of consulting and how to transition into this role.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- What is a day-in-the-life of a Consultant
- What challenges he faced when he entered this profession
- What is the application and interview process like for a Consultant
- What career progression looks like for a Consultant
- What type of people would NOT enjoy this type of work environment.
To get advanced access to the full length versions of these podcasts, as well as access to our live training webinars, exclusive training videos, case studies, industry insider documents, transition plan, and private online network, get on the wait list for the Cheeky Scientist Association now.
Isaiah believes--from personal experience--that if you feel stuck somewhere in your life, it’s a clear sign that you need to make a change. Don’t sit still and wait for the world to tell you what to do. Start a new project. Build your own business. Take action. Experimentation is the best teacher.
Isaiah is an internationally recognized Fortune 500 consultant, CEO of Cheeky Scientist, and author of the straight-talk bestsellers Black Hole Focus and The Science of Intelligent Achievement.
Latest posts by Isaiah Hankel (see all)
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (April 4th, 2020) - April 4, 2020
- Secure PhD Jobs With The 15-Point Coronavirus Career Plan - March 31, 2020
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (March 28th, 2020) - March 28, 2020