Climbing Career Ladders (Industry Careers For PhDs Podcast)
Are you worried about transitioning into industry and choosing the wrong career?
Do you know what skills are needed to climb the career ladder?
In this episode of the Industry Careers for PhDs podcast, we interview Dr. Jessie Bwanali, who has transitioned into three different industry sectors since obtaining her PhD – from R&D to product market development and key account manager – and from big biotech to small start-up companies. She is proof that career trajectories are not always straight and will let us know what she learned along the way. Most importantly, this podcast details how to transition to and from bench positions in industry.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- Why she chose to transition out of academia
- What she learned from her roles in R&D, marketing and sales
- How did the application process differ and what was the key factor which led to these career moves
- How can PhDs start to prepare themselves for this transition NOW
- How PhDs can transition from a R&D bench position to a management-level non-bench position in industry
- Why did she choose to change roles and what were the major differences in working in a start-up company vs large biotech
To get advanced access to the full length versions of these podcasts, as well as access to our live training webinars, exclusive training videos, case studies, industry insider documents, transition plan, and private online network, get on the waitlist for the Cheeky Scientist Association now.
Isaiah believes--from personal experience--that if you feel stuck somewhere in your life, it’s a clear sign that you need to make a change. Don’t sit still and wait for the world to tell you what to do. Start a new project. Build your own business. Take action. Experimentation is the best teacher.
Isaiah is an internationally recognized Fortune 500 consultant, CEO of Cheeky Scientist, and author of the straight-talk bestsellers Black Hole Focus and The Science of Intelligent Achievement.
Latest posts by Isaiah Hankel (see all)
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (April 4th, 2020) - April 4, 2020
- Secure PhD Jobs With The 15-Point Coronavirus Career Plan - March 31, 2020
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (March 28th, 2020) - March 28, 2020