How To Be Approachable (Industry Careers For PhDs Podcast)
Does the idea of networking make you cringe?
Are you unsure how to develop meaningful connections with industry professionals?
In this episode of the Industry Careers for PhDs podcast, we interview Scott Ginsberg, author of ‘The Power of Approachability’ and expert social networker. Scott teaches us what approachability means and how we can use it as a networking tool to build rapport with industry professionals.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- What are the essential elements to a conversation or interaction with someone you have never met before
- What is the best way to ensure a conversation turns into a long-term relationship
- How PhDs can define what they do in such a way that people will want to connect with them
- How introverts can become expert networkers
- What are the business benefits of being able to build instant relationships.
To get advanced access to the full length versions of these podcasts, as well as access to our live training webinars, exclusive training videos, case studies, industry insider documents, transition plan, and private online network, get on the wait list for the Cheeky Scientist Association now.
Isaiah believes--from personal experience--that if you feel stuck somewhere in your life, it’s a clear sign that you need to make a change. Don’t sit still and wait for the world to tell you what to do. Start a new project. Build your own business. Take action. Experimentation is the best teacher.
Isaiah is an internationally recognized Fortune 500 consultant, CEO of Cheeky Scientist, and author of the straight-talk bestsellers Black Hole Focus and The Science of Intelligent Achievement.
Latest posts by Isaiah Hankel (see all)
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (April 4th, 2020) - April 4, 2020
- Secure PhD Jobs With The 15-Point Coronavirus Career Plan - March 31, 2020
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (March 28th, 2020) - March 28, 2020