Imposter Syndrome (Industry Careers For PhDs Podcast)
Do you have a persistent fear of being exposed as a fraud?
Do you fail to recognize your own accomplishments and feel stuck in your transition?
In this episode of the Industry Careers for PhDs podcast, we interview Dr. Cathy Sorbara, who will help you debunk this imposter feeling and recognize your own value. Suffering from imposter syndrome can cripple your transition out of academia and yet most PhDs are guilty of it.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- What is Imposter Syndrome?
- Why does academia often fuel limiting beliefs in PhDs?
- Proven ways to overcome Imposter Syndrome
- Strategies for dealing with stress, depression, anxiety, and fatigue
- How to recognize and “own” your unique skills and accomplishments to succeed in industry
To get advanced access to the full length versions of these podcasts, as well as access to our live training webinars, exclusive training videos, case studies, industry insider documents, transition plan, and private online network, get on the waitlist for the Cheeky Scientist Association now.
Isaiah believes--from personal experience--that if you feel stuck somewhere in your life, it’s a clear sign that you need to make a change. Don’t sit still and wait for the world to tell you what to do. Start a new project. Build your own business. Take action. Experimentation is the best teacher.
Isaiah is an internationally recognized Fortune 500 consultant, CEO of Cheeky Scientist, and author of the straight-talk bestsellers Black Hole Focus and The Science of Intelligent Achievement.
Latest posts by Isaiah Hankel (see all)
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (April 4th, 2020) - April 4, 2020
- Secure PhD Jobs With The 15-Point Coronavirus Career Plan - March 31, 2020
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (March 28th, 2020) - March 28, 2020