Do you have a persistent fear of being exposed as a fraud?
Do you fail to recognize your own accomplishments and feel stuck in your transition?
In this episode of the Industry Careers for PhDs podcast, we interview Dr. Cathy Sorbara, who will help you debunk this imposter feeling and recognize your own value. Suffering from imposter syndrome can cripple your transition out of academia and yet most PhDs are guilty of it.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- What is Imposter Syndrome?
- Why does academia often fuel limiting beliefs in PhDs?
- Proven ways to overcome Imposter Syndrome
- Strategies for dealing with stress, depression, anxiety, and fatigue
- How to recognize and “own” your unique skills and accomplishments to succeed in industry
To get advanced access to the full length versions of these podcasts, as well as access to our live training webinars, exclusive training videos, case studies, industry insider documents, transition plan, and private online network, get on the waitlist for the Cheeky Scientist Association now.
Isaiah believes that if you feel stuck somewhere in your life right now, you should make a change. Don’t sit still and wait for the world to tell you what to do. Start a new project. Build your own business. Take action. Experimentation is the best teacher.
Latest posts by Isaiah Hankel Ph.D. (see all)
- Publication Specialist Careers (Industry Careers For PhDs Podcast) - August 17, 2017
- Imposter Syndrome (Industry Careers For PhDs Podcast) - August 3, 2017
- 5 Ways A Postdoc Will Ruin Your Career - July 20, 2017