Informational Interviews (Industry Careers For PhDs Podcast)
Are you interested in transitioning out of academia but are unsure what roles would be a good fit for you?
Do you need to expand your network of industry professions but don’t know how?
In this episode of the Industry Careers for PhDs podcast, we interview Dr. Cathy Sorbara, Cheeky Scientist consultant and an expert in informational interviews. Cathy discusses what an informational interview is, how to prepare for them and why they are a critical component of your industry job search.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- What is the purpose of an informational interview
- How to secure an informational interview
- What are great questions to ask during an informational interview
- How to follow up after an interview and why this is the most pivotal part of the process
- How to add value to industry professionals before, during and after an informational interview.
To get advanced access to the full length versions of these podcasts, as well as access to our live training webinars, exclusive training videos, case studies, industry insider documents, transition plan, and private online network, get on the wait list for the Cheeky Scientist Association now.
Isaiah believes--from personal experience--that if you feel stuck somewhere in your life, it’s a clear sign that you need to make a change. Don’t sit still and wait for the world to tell you what to do. Start a new project. Build your own business. Take action. Experimentation is the best teacher.
Isaiah is an internationally recognized Fortune 500 consultant, CEO of Cheeky Scientist, and author of the straight-talk bestsellers Black Hole Focus and The Science of Intelligent Achievement.
Latest posts by Isaiah Hankel (see all)
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (April 4th, 2020) - April 4, 2020
- Secure PhD Jobs With The 15-Point Coronavirus Career Plan - March 31, 2020
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (March 28th, 2020) - March 28, 2020