Scientist To Management Promotions (Industry Careers For PhDs Podcast)
Wondering how to successfully climb the corporate ladder?
Do you know what professional opportunities are out there for scientists in industry?
In this episode of the Industry Careers for PhDs podcast, we interview Dr. Bartosz Balczerski, who is a Program Manager at Leica Biosystems. Bartosz started his industry career as a Research Scientist and was quickly promoted to Program Manager. He will walk us through what steps he took work his way up the corporate ladder from Scientist to Manager.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- What are the duties of a senior scientist and what technical and transferable skills PhDs need to transition into this role
- Why he decided to further transition into a program manager role and how his duties have changed
- What other promotional opportunities are there and what steps do PhDs need to take to climb the corporate ladder
- How to know if this career trajectory is right for you
To get advanced access to the full length versions of these podcasts, as well as access to our live training webinars, exclusive training videos, case studies, industry insider documents, transition plan, and private online network, get on the waitlist for the Cheeky Scientist Association now.
Isaiah believes--from personal experience--that if you feel stuck somewhere in your life, it’s a clear sign that you need to make a change. Don’t sit still and wait for the world to tell you what to do. Start a new project. Build your own business. Take action. Experimentation is the best teacher.
Isaiah is an internationally recognized Fortune 500 consultant, CEO of Cheeky Scientist, and author of the straight-talk bestsellers Black Hole Focus and The Science of Intelligent Achievement.
Latest posts by Isaiah Hankel (see all)
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (April 4th, 2020) - April 4, 2020
- Secure PhD Jobs With The 15-Point Coronavirus Career Plan - March 31, 2020
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (March 28th, 2020) - March 28, 2020