Our story is likely much like yours. A group of former PhDs who, after years of toiling in the academic sector, found themselves feeling disenchanted by the frustration, limitations, and red tape that came with our work. Feeling stuck by our own success, we started to ask ourselves a simple question: Could the experience, skill-sets, and expertise gained through our years in academia pave the way for success in industry as highly sought-after professionals?
The answer, we found, was yes. A resounding yes. We discovered that top companies in industry were eager to add highly qualified and highly distinguished PhDs to their roster. They just had to find these PhDs first.
And so Cheeky Scientist was born, a company built by PhDs, working to help other PhDs get hired into their dream careers so they could finally have the impact, recognition and compensation they deserve.Book A Transition Call
We are industry PhDs dedicated to helping PhDs get into industry
In addition to our overall mission above, we aim to:
- Place 1,000,000 PhDs into industry positions.
- Support all our PhD programs by providing industry mentoring to PhD students, postdocs, and researchers.
- Enact change that requires principal investigators and academic advisors to receive management and financial mentoring.
We help PhDs find jobs in their desired industry
Our programs help PhDs like you overcome top industry transition challenges.
- Networking with limited time
- Determining which position is a good fit
- How to get referrals after networking
- Overcoming the fear of the unknown
- Overcoming the fear of failure after leaving academia
- Salary benchmarking and job offer negotiation
Isaiah Hankel, Ph.D.
Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Isaiah Hankel is the Founder and CEO of Cheeky Scientist. His articles, podcasts and trainings are consumed annually by 3 million PhDs in 152 different countries. He has helped PhDs transition into top companies like Amazon, Google, Apple, Intel, Dow Chemical, BASF, Merck, Genentech, Home Depot, Nestle, Hilton, SpaceX, Tesla, Syngenta, the CDC, UN and Ford Foundation.
Dr. Hankel has published three bestselling books and his latest book, The Power of a PhD, debuted on the Barnes & Noble bestseller list. His methods for getting PhDs hired have been featured in the Harvard Business Review, Nature, Forbes, The Guardian, Fast Company, Entrepreneur Magazine and Success Magazine.