Leverage Your Technical And Transferable Skills To Advance Your Customers’ Projects
Introducing The Application Scientist Assembly By Cheeky Scientist
The Application Scientist Assembly, or ASA, will ensure you get into a high paying Application Scientist career where you will leverage your communication skills to liaise between biotech companies and their customers, thus helping advance various research projects. The ASA program leader and board members are Application Scientists currently working in industry who will train you in the field of Application Science. They will also teach you how to communicate your relevant experience throughout every step of the hiring process and get into the right Application Scientist career for you, no matter your background or what product(s) you want to represent. This is the only program specifically for PhDs and designed by PhDs currently working in top Application Scientist roles.
About The Application Scientist Assembly
As soon as you become an ASA member, you get access to the ASA training dashboard, which includes 4 training modules with 40+ training videos and 9 advanced training workbooks. You also get access to monthly members-only webinars about relevant topics for Application Scientists. Finally, you get lifetime access to a private job referral network of Application Scientists and Application Scientists hiring managers. You also get guaranteed instant feedback from these Application Scientists 24/7 on any job search-related question so you can get hired as an Application Scientist now.
Here’s The Targeted Training You’ll Receive From The Application Scientist Assembly...
Application Scientist Foundations
You know you want to be an application scientist, but you aren’t completely sure of all the responsibilities and expectations that come with the role. This module covers…
- What application science is and what the role of an application scientist encompasses. You’ll get insights on the importance of the application scientist field and the responsibilities of an application scientist.
- The types of application scientists. There are two main types of application scientist roles: technical application scientist (TAS) and field application scientist (FAS). This module will cover the differences between the two and what you should consider when deciding what type of application scientist role is right for you.
- The differences between application scientists and sales representatives. Application scientists can work in close proximity with sales representatives, but these roles are considerably different. You need to know what the differences are, and this module will help you achieve just that.
- The role of application scientists during product development. Application scientists work with different departments of a company as well as customers. They also influence some of the steps of product development. This module will walk you through the different steps of product development and how application scientists influence each of them.
A Day In The Life And Relevant Skills
You want to know what being an application scientist looks like and the keys to success in this position. This module covers…
- What a day in the life of an application scientist looks like. This module explores the main activities that application scientists must perform on a day to day basis. It also discusses how to perform each of these tasks efficiently.
- The differences between a day in the life of a TAS and FAS. The day to day of an application scientist varies a lot depending on whether they work on the field or at the company’s headquarters. This module compares and contrasts the daily tasks of a TAS and a FAS.
- The types of skills that application scientists need. Applications scientists need a combination of technical, transferable, and business skills to succeed in their role. This module explains the differences between these three types of skills and why they are relevant to application scientist positions.
- The most relevant skills for an application scientist. This module presents the most sought-after skills for application scientists, how you have acquired most of them during your PhD, and how to leverage your PhD experiences during the hiring process.
Application Scientist Job Search Strategy
When it comes to securing a job offer as an application scientist, you can significantly improve your chances with the right techniques. This module covers….
- Some key strategies to build a network that will help you transition into the application scientist field. Most application scientist positions are filled through referrals, so you need to have a strong network in place before applying for this position. This module will cover the basics of networking and how to set up informational interviews.
- Critical insights into how to craft a LinkedIn profile and resume that make you look like an experienced application scientist and a strong job candidate to your network and potential employers.
- What the application scientist hiring process looks like, from phone screen to on-site interview. You’ll also learn what critical questions you can expect during on-site interviews, as well as some questions you can ask to decide if the position is right for you.
- The difference between an industry and an academic presentation. Most prospective application scientists are required to do a presentation during the hiring process. This module will show you how to craft a presentation that will wow industry hiring managers.
Onboarding And Career Progression
What steps ccan you take to continue growing professionally and personally once you secure a position as an application scientist? This module covers…
- The differences between small and big companies. The daily tasks, amount of training, and onboarding process for application scientists will vary depending on whether they work for a big or small company. This module will help you decide which company size is the right for you by walking you through what you should expect from each of them.
- The onboarding process. A good onboarding process plays a significant role in employee retention and job satisfaction. This module presents the most relevant aspects of the onboarding process and what you can do to ensure your onboarding is successful.
- How to progress in your application scientist career. The application scientist position offers many opportunities for career growth. This module examines which vertical moves are more common for application scientists and what climbing the vertical ladder looks like for this position.
- What your future may hold as an application scientist. Understand the different career paths you can take once you gain experience as an application scientist. This module will help you understand the potential horizontal moves you can make and how they relate to your application scientist and PhD experience.