Leverage Your Technical Knowledge And Writing Talent To Get Into A Top Paying Medical Writing Position
Introducing The Medical Writing Organization By CSA
The Medical Writing Organization, or MWO, will ensure you get into a high-paying, flexible Medical Writing career that will allow you to communicate your technical expertise and express yourself creatively. The MWO program leaders and board members are all certified and award-winning writers who will mentor you in the process of understanding the Medical Writing field, passing difficult Medical Writing interview tests, and getting into the right Medical Writing career for you, no matter your background or native language. This is the only program specifically for PhDs and designed specifically by PhDs currently working in top Medical Writing roles.
Here Is A Sneak Peek At What MWO Members Get Access To...
About The MWO
As soon as you become an MWO member, you get access to the MWO dashboard, which includes 6 modules with 60+ videos, 12 advanced workbooks, an exclusive collection of writing tests and editing tests, and interviews with top Medical Writers and Editors in industry. You also get lifetime access to a private job referral network of Medical Writers and Medical Writing hiring managers and guaranteed instant feedback from these Medical Writers 24/7 on any job search-related question so you can get hired as a Medical Writer now.
Here’s the Targeted Mentoring You’ll Receive from The MWO...
Module #1 Part One: Who Hires Medical Writers? Part Two: Medical Writing Positions
This module helps you to expand your horizons. You’ll learn the positions this field supports — as well as which types of organizations need the expertise of medical writing professionals.
- Start with a solid definition of medical writing. Before diving into a list of your potential employers, Evguenia will explain three teleological types of medical writing.
- Prepare to be surprised by the variety of job opportunities. Your course doesn’t just address the traditional medical writing position. It also covers positions like that of a content editor…and even an event planner! This module will demonstrate just how broad the medical writing industry really is.
- Understand important nuances. Find clarity on what makes medical writing distinct from academic writing. Evguenia will also explain why content writing and copywriting aren’t the same tasks.
Module #2 Part One: Types of Medical Writing Part Two: Medical Writer’s Lifestyle
While the first module helped you understand the basics of medical writing, this module dives deeper into the details of the industry. Thanks to this module, you can…
- Create a shortlist of potential positions to apply for. After this module, you may decide that creating regulatory documents is the right fit for you. Or you might discover that you want to play a role in improving physician education. You may even decide that medico-marketing best suits your creative ability.
- Learn about the financial incentives in medical writing. You’re not attracted to medical writing for the paycheck. But that doesn’t mean you can’t receive handsome compensation. In this module, you’ll get a granular look at salary information from North America, Europe, and Australia.
- Better understand how to assimilate into the medical writing culture. Like many industries, medical writing has its own cultural vibe. In this module, we’ll help you know what to expect…so you’re prepared to interact with medical writing colleagues.
Module #3 Part One: Medical Writing Part Two: Becoming An Expert
Becoming a successful medical writer doesn’t stop with knowing what position uniquely fits your interests. In this module, we tackle the abilities you should have and the resources you should explore. Dive in to…
- Learn the number-one requirement for becoming a professional medical writer. We’ll also list a number of other important characteristics, including abilities that will serve you well if you move into management.
- Discover reputable resources for additional education. When you sign up for the Medical Writing Organization, you’ll discover resources to explore for informing your writing and strengthening your industry knowledge.
- Get a start-to-finish overview of a medical writing project. When you’re new to medical writing, you may wonder what it looks like to manage a medical writing project. In this module, you’ll see an example of how a medical writing project might unfold.
Module #4 Applying For A Medical Writing Job
If you want to become a medical writer, it’s important to know which factors can distinguish you from other candidates. This module prepares you to demonstrate why you’re worth hiring.
- Discover why LinkedIn is especially beneficial for medical writers. We’ll show you how to leverage this platform while avoiding common mistakes that can work against you in your job search. We’ll also address reputation management when it comes to social media.
- See how to strategically improve your portfolio and industry experience. This module reveals how to provide tangible proof of your writing capability… even if you feel like you’re starting from scratch. From guest blogging to volunteering, we’ll help you explore different avenues for proving your value.
- Career ideas for PhDs who know a second language. If you’re not originally from an English-speaking country, you’ll want to check out this module — because we’re sharing how your bilingual capabilities can mesh with your new career.
Module #5 Part One: Writing Tests Part Two: Editing Tests
When you’re applying for medical writing jobs, successfully acing interviews isn’t your only concern. You’ll need to be prepared for a writing test — and perhaps an editing test. It’s a task that can easily wrack your nerves… if you’re unprepared. In this module, you can…
- Discover potential employer expectations. Your course will help you understand what an organization’s potential criteria might be. (Hint: It isn’t simply being a good writer with a scientific background.)
- Complete five medical writing assignments. The writing tests in this module are designed to mimic assignments you might encounter. As you complete these assignments, you’ll have the opportunity to practice your craft… before you experience the pressure of an actual evaluation.
- Tackle three editing assignments. As we already mentioned previously, an editing test may be required to land a position. This module contains content that requires an editor’s skill — putting your acumen in communications to the test!
Module #6 Medical Writing Career Progression
Once you’ve landed your first medical writing job, you’ll eventually need to look beyond your current position to your next career steps. This module helps you do just that…
- Take a broad look at life after an entry-level position. With this module, you’ll understand the organizational hierarchy in medical writing, industry terms for different positions, and how many years you might expect at each phase in your journey.
- Read about positions available outside of organizations. We’ll examine both freelancing as well as launching an official medical writing business. If you’re considering opportunities that offer more autonomy, pay special attention to Evguenia’s insights — as she’s a freelancer herself.
- Get additional advice for medical writers. Evguenia will explain the impact that time management has on so many facets of your career and highlight the benefit of being involved in the medical writing community.
The #1 Medical Writing Mentoring Program For PhDs
This program will ensure you get into a high-paying, flexible Medical Writing career that will allow you to communicate your technical expertise and express yourself creatively.
The MWO program leaders and board members are all certified and award-winning writers who will mentor you in the process of understanding the Medical Writing field, passing difficult Medical Writing interview tests, and getting into the right Medical Writing career for you, no matter your background or native language. This is the only program specifically for PhDs and designed specifically by PhDs currently working in top Medical Writing roles.