Increase Your Deal-Making Knowledge And Become A Professional Negotiator In All Situations
Introducing The PhD Negotiation League By Cheeky Scientist
PhD Negotiation League
The PhD Negotiation League, or PNL, will ensure that you learn how to recognize a negotiation situation. It will mentor you how to react to negotiations for maximum success. The PNL program leaders and board members are industry professionals who understand the power of professional negotiation—be it for salary, a promotion, or any other setting—and they will mentor you how to increase your deal-making knowledge so that you know how to behave during a negotiation, no matter your background or target industry. This is the only program designed specifically for PhDs by other PhDs currently working in top industry roles.
Here’s What You Get Immediate, Lifetime Access To When You Become A PNL Member…
About The PhD Negotiation League
As soon as you become a PNL member, you will get access to the PNL dashboard, which includes 4 modules with 40+ videos and 8 advanced workbooks. You also get access to monthly members-only webinars about relevant topics in Deal Making. Finally, you get lifetime access to a private network of PhDs working in industry, as well as hiring and negotiation experts. You will get feedback from these professionals 24/7 on any job negotiation-related question. All of this will allow you to get hired in your dream role and get paid what you are worth.
Here’s the Targeted Mentorship You’ll Receive From The PhD Negotiation League...
Negotiation – An Overview
You know that deal making is important, but you don’t know the basic principles that determine a successful negotiation. This module covers…
- What are the rules of negotiation? You’ll get insights into what a negotiation is, what are the main types of negotiation strategies, and what are the main rules that govern all types of negotiations.
- What professional negotiation is and why it matters. This module will explain what professional negotiation is, why it is important to be a good professional negotiator, and how you should behave during a professional negotiation.
- What you need to know to be a professional negotiator. This module presents the elements of professional negotiation and explores why people fail in their negotiation and what you can do to gain and leverage power during negotiations.
- How to interact with the other side. This module mentor you about how to put you in the other side’s shoes and explain what you need to consider to make the other side feel like you are both on the same boat, which will make them want to give you what you want.
Professional Negotiation Framework
You want to know how and when you should start negotiating and the steps you should follow to get the most out of your salary negotiation. This module covers…
- What is a negotiation framework? This module explains what a negotiation framework looks like and why it is important that you set a framework each time you have a negotiation.
- How to fill out forms requesting salary history or expectations. During a job search, employers will ask for your salary expectations from the moment you submit your application. This module will mentor you about how to fill out these forms and how this impacts the future steps in the hiring process.
- The attitude for successful salary negotiation. Studies show that assuming certain behaviors during salary negotiations can influence your chances of success. During this module, you will learn which behaviors give the best results and how you can assume those behaviors.
- The order in which you should negotiate terms. Salary negotiation involves more than salary – things like a signing bonus, vacation days, and relocation allowance will probably come up into the conversation. This module reviews the order in which you should bring these items into the conversation.
Behavioral Approach To Salary Negotiations
Increase your chances of having a successful salary negotiation by applying specific strategies. This module covers…
- How to get the other side on your side. The ideal negotiation is a win-win situation where both parties are satisfied at the end. This module will cover some strategies you can apply to get the other party on your side and set a win-win environment during your salary negotiations.
- How to read the behavior of the other party during negotiations. Being able to read the other party will help you better understand them. This module will mentor you on how to read the people you are negotiating with and will show you some strategies you can use to influence their behavior.
- How to manage your emotions. A negotiation can be a stressful situation and being able to keep calm during the whole process is key to be successful. This module will show you some strategies you can use to manage your emotions and keep the right attitude during a negotiation.
- How to practice negotiation. As with any skill, practice makes perfect when it comes to negotiating. These modules will give you advice on how to practice your negotiation strategy during low-stakes situations so that you are ready when the time comes for high-stakes negotiations.
Negotiation Scripts And Advanced Tactics
The more you practice how to negotiate, the better you will get at it and the more tactics you will be able to implement. This module covers…
- Negotiation scripts to avoid revealing information. During a negotiation, Information is power, and the first party to reveal a given information will lose leverage. This module will provide specific scripts you can use to avoid revealing information without being rude to the other party.
- Scripts to handle different steps of salary negotiations. When negotiating your salary, you need to follow specific steps and guide the conversation to make sure you cover everything. This module provides scripts you can rehearse to keep your salary negotiation flowing and on the right track.
- Advanced negotiation techniques. Once you cover the basic strategies, scripts, and behaviors of good negotiators, you will be ready for some advanced techniques to step up your deal-making game. This module presents such techniques and shows you how to apply them.
- How to end negotiations. If you want to earn the respect of the people you negotiate with and ensure that everybody complies with what they agree upon, you must know how to end a negotiation. This module will show you the best way to end a negotiation on good terms, no matter the outcome.
The #1 Deal-Making Mentorship Program For PhDs Only
This is the only deal-making mentorship program created by PhDs currently working in industry who negotiate on a daily basis. The PNL program leaders and board members have already made their transition and currently work in different positions and industries across the world. This program will ensure that you know how to show your worth to employers and that you can negotiate the salary you deserve once you transition into your dream role in industry. Once you make the transition, you will be a respected professional making deals on behalf of your company – the mentoring that you will receive from the PNL will also be useful in this new setting.
$1+ million is the additional money that negotiators earn during their career when compared to non-negotiators (Business Insider)
43% of employees negotiated their current salary (Payscale)
74% of hiring managers have room to increase an initial offer (National Society Of Collegiate Scholars)
80% of candidates who negotiate the initial job offer are at least partially successful (National Society Of Collegiate Scholars)
The #1 reason high earners get paid more than low-earners is that they negotiate their salary consistently (Harvard Business Review)
11-20% is the common increase in base salary after a job negotiation (Payscale)