Careers In Patent Law (Industry Careers For PhDs Podcast)
Have you stumbled upon the Technology Transfer office at your university and wondered what it was all about?
Do you have an interest in the business side of science and enjoy the idea of expanding your knowledge into law?
In this episode of the Industry Careers for PhDs podcast, we interview Dr. Karen Deak, Director of the Masters in Patent Law program at the University of Notre Dame, a one-year program designed to prepare students for successful practise as patent agents. Karen teaches us how to prepare for a career in patent law and what steps PhDs need to take to ensure a successful transition.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- What is a day-in-the-life of a Patent Agent in a law firm and in the biotech industry
- What career progression looks like for a Patent Agent
- Whether career opportunities differ in a law firm versus the biotech industry
- What is the application process like and what PhDs should highlight in their resume in order to be considered for this role
- What, if any, additional qualifications are necessary to enter this field.
To get advanced access to the full length versions of these podcasts, as well as access to our live training webinars, exclusive training videos, case studies, industry insider documents, transition plan, and private online network, get on the wait list for the Cheeky Scientist Association now.
Isaiah believes--from personal experience--that if you feel stuck somewhere in your life, it’s a clear sign that you need to make a change. Don’t sit still and wait for the world to tell you what to do. Start a new project. Build your own business. Take action. Experimentation is the best teacher.
Isaiah is an internationally recognized Fortune 500 consultant, CEO of Cheeky Scientist, and author of the straight-talk bestsellers Black Hole Focus and The Science of Intelligent Achievement.
Latest posts by Isaiah Hankel (see all)
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (April 4th, 2020) - April 4, 2020
- Secure PhD Jobs With The 15-Point Coronavirus Career Plan - March 31, 2020
- Best Industry Transition Articles For PhDs (March 28th, 2020) - March 28, 2020