Chief Executive Officer Cheeky Scientist
Do you know what career opportunities are available for PhDs in the nonprofit sector?
Are you aware of the advantages of working in nonprofit organizations?
In this episode of Cheeky Scientist Radio, we interview Dr. Penny Dacks, who transitioned from an academic postdoctoral role to the nonprofit sector, and shares her insight on careers in nonprofit organizations based on her current role as Director of Research at the American Epilepsy Society.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- Why did she decide to leave academia and transition into this role
- What is the company culture of non-profit organizations
- How to market yourself for non-profits versus big corporations
- What does the career trajectory look like and what are the promotional opportunities for this position
- What transferable skills are necessary for this role and how can PhDs better position themselves for this transition
To get advanced access to the full length versions of these podcasts, as well as access to our live training webinars, exclusive training videos, case studies, industry insider documents, transition plan, and private online network, get on the waitlist for the Cheeky Scientist Association now.